I strive to inspire successful solopreneurs
Who I Am
I’m a solopreneur who runs an immigration tech company and law firm by day, while interviewing dozens of other successful solopreneurs by night.
Solopreneur Grind is a community focused on helping others through the grind of starting a business or growing a solo business for long-term success. I know firsthand how difficult and lonely writing your success story can be. That’s why I built a space for successful business owners to share their ideas, tips, and resources. You may be an independent spirit, but you don’t have to build a business entirely on your own.
Who I’m Not
I’m not a millionaire and I don’t own a Lambo (although I wouldn’t say no to one…).
I’m also not a hype man and I usually don’t beat around the bush. Instead, I call it how I see it. I am focused on fostering success for myself and my listeners in the most honest and genuine way possible. I’m not here to tell others how to run their business, but I do want to share in the secrets of my success and the success of other like-minded business owners.
What I Believe
You should go after what you want or believe in, and that you can succeed at anything you set your mind to if you put in enough time and effort.
Either that, or you’ll learn a great lesson along the way.
To help and motivate others to start or grow whatever it is they want – a business idea, blog, YouTube channel, side gig, social media influencing, or anything else.
I want to create a community where we can all do it together – because the solopreneur journey can be a lonely one, but you don’t have to travel it alone.
More about my background:
- Am a Canadian lawyer based out of Toronto
- Started my own immigration firm ~5 years ago that still operates today
- Got bored of working alone and started podcasting ~3 years ago because I wanted to learn from successful entrepreneurs and get to ask them my own questions
- Got bored of doing legal paperwork and co-founded an immigration tech company ~2 years ago, Visto.ai, to make it easier for Canadian companies to find tech workers and bring them to Canada
- Am a big fan of squiggly lines ~~~
- Began hosting networking events and mastermind groups for entrepreneurs ~3 years ago in Toronto (before Covid…)
- Love talking about business, either by sharing my own story/thoughts/takeaways, or chatting with others
- Have always played a lot of sports (mainly baseball, basketball, football and yes, hockey to fit the Canadian stereotype)
- Love reading – both fiction (mostly fantasy) and non-fiction (business, personal development and biographies)
- Send out a daily newsletter where I talk about what’s happening in my business journey, ideas or strategies I’m thinking about, recent books I’ve read, and more!